East Meets West in this revamped Korean staple.
Need something quick and easy for breakfast? Or lunch? Or dinner? This comes together in just a few minutes. Especially if you already have leftover rice, or use my fav--Uncle Ben's Ready Rice.
Quick & Easy Tx-Mex Egg Rice Recipe
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
2 tbs. water
½ tsp unsalted butter
1 cup cooked rice
¼ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
½ avocado, diced
2 tbs. diced red onion.
1) Mix together soy sauce, sesame oil and water.
2) Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
3) Crack eggs and add to the butter.
4) Add soy sauce mixture to the eggs. Cover and allow to cook for a couple of minutes, depending on how runny you like your eggs.
5) Place rice on a plate and top with eggs and sauce.
6) Top with tomatoes, avocado, onion and salsa.
Get your eggs going in the butter, then toss in your sauce.
Here's all you need for the sauce. Oh, and the water, of course.
Be sure to check every minute or so to get to your dexired doneness.
Don't your just want to dig right in?!